Baby eczema could be red, flaky patches on the skin of your baby. Baby eczema can come to your baby in his early few months, but you don’t have to worry about it much. It is very common, and it has treatments and cures available. Many babies outgrow it as you know babies have a high immune system in their first few months in a fight with these eczema or acne allergies.
If you are not sure that the eczema rash baby or itching on your baby is really it or not you must contact your doctor he will surely tell you what it is and make sure you don’t use any baby eczema creams before consulting. But leaving this behind let’s move further.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Does Baby Eczema Look Like?
- 2 Causes Of Baby Eczema!
- 3 Can Eczema Rash Baby Go Away By Itself?
- 4 What Can Make Mild Baby Eczema Into Severe Eczema Baby Rash?
- 5 The Best Treatment For Baby Eczema
- 6 Home Remedies For Baby Eczema Treatment.
What Does Baby Eczema Look Like?
As mentioned on the top baby eczema causes red skin with dryness, the skin is always itchy and rough too, this you can notice by seeing the discomfort in your baby.
Babies can get eczema on any part of their body so you cannot be sure of a confirmed body part. But in some cases, we have seen that more often it affects the cheeks and the joints of your baby. You can also confuse baby eczema for cradle or bed caps, but both of them have some differences in them. caps are much less red and scaly, and it generally clears up your baby’s skin around 8 months of age. And furthermore, it affects the scalp, the eyebrows and nose and ears of your baby, however, this is not the case in baby eczema. It is a bit more severe.
Causes Of Baby Eczema!
Baby eczema does not come by due to some infection or stuff like that. Its just runs in the family. If the parents have eczema in some point in life, then the baby will be more likely to have it. But problems in the skin that include unhygienic use of stuff can also be a cause of baby eczema. Basically, baby eczema happens when the body of the baby does not produce many fat cells that are called ceramides. If your baby has less fatty cells then your skin will become dry, and you can have baby acne and by that we mean your baby can have baby acne if hast enough ceramide.
Can Eczema Rash Baby Go Away By Itself?
Yes of course as mentioned earlier you don’t have to worry about it getting better. It can go away on itself. The maximum a baby can have eczema is till the time he goes to school. Up till then it will get normal and will go away on its own you don’t have to worry about it. But you can also use baby eczema creams as baby eczema creams can help you get rid of them more quickly.
What Can Make Mild Baby Eczema Into Severe Eczema Baby Rash?
The following things can make the baby eczema worse so try to avoid these:
- Dry Skin: dry skin can make the baby skin more itchy and harsh. Low humidity can cause it to worsen. Especially in winters when you keep your baby in the heated room, it can get eczema worse.
- Irritants: Wool clothes, perfumes, strong body soaps, laundry soaps all of them can trigger it so keep them away.
- Stress: make your baby happy at all times, make sure he doesn’t know that he has itching, get him distracted with other stuff. This will help him recover soon.
- Sweat: sweat can worsen the itching and then scratching can make it more severe so make sure your baby is in a cool place with moderate humidity.
- Allergens: Some of the allergens include cow milk, peanuts, eggs, and some fruits. So if you are giving any of these to your toddler stop it right now. And yes! Don’t only stop the baby stop the mother too as if she is eating any of them and feeding her child afterward it has the same effect. These usually cause baby eczema on face and you must know the baby eczema on the face is the sense of all to treat.
The Best Treatment For Baby Eczema
The best treatment for baby eczema is to let it be and keep your baby clean and avoid the things mentioned above. But you can also get some baby eczema cream for your baby. Baby eczema cream is easily available for baby eczema treatment.
Home Remedies For Baby Eczema Treatment.
There are some home remedies to treat baby eczema these are also called as baby eczema natural remedies.
Moisturizers for Baby Eczema Cheeks!
Moisturizers or lotions having ceramide is the best thing you should use for your baby’s skin. You can get them easily from a medical store by just giving them a prescription. Petroleum jelly or any basic ointment for moisturizing can also help to reduce eczema. You can use all of these rights after your baby has taken a bath.
A Warm Bath!
A warm bath can easily reduce the itching of your baby eczema on face. Moreover, it can also help you reduce his stress. It will hydrate the baby’s skin and will make it clean. Keep one thing in mind that you must not prolong this bath. Keep it short for about 7 to 8 minutes.
Use Mild Soaps!
Don’t use antibacterial or harsh soaps for baby acne on back of your baby’s head.
Clean Him Carefully!
If your baby’s skin is dirty then make sure you clean it very carefully with just warm water.
Dry The Skin!
Dry the skin with a soft towel and make sure you don’t rub the skin. Pat it.
Get your baby changed on a daily basis and if possible twice a day. Always wash his clothes with mild detergents so that they do not irritate them when he wears them back.
These were some of the treatments for Aveeno baby eczema. There are many Aveeno baby eczema creams for Aveeno baby eczema treatment other than the above-mentioned ones.
Don’t worry just follow the above-mentioned steps and you will notice healing in your baby’s skin. Just avoid the things and follow the baby eczema remedies to get rid of it as soon as possible. We hope now you know how to treat baby eczema.